Wednesday, October 26, 2011

SWA #18

Three Possible Issues

1)      Should performance enhancing drugs be allowed in all sports?



This issue has always caught my attention and after doing a lot of research I am hooked on it. It is so interesting to research the pros and cons of all the performance enhancing drugs. The numerous amounts of articles both scientific and argumentative on this topic didn’t surprise me. This was an easy topic to research because I am obsessed with the sports world and everything that is going on in it. The facts on the topic are eye opening. For instance almost 50 times more people have died from playing professional and college football than from performance enhancing drugs. I am leaning towards this topic because the topic is worldwide and a huge debate in the sports world.  







2)      Should the drinking age be lowered in America and to what?



Another issue I could possibly explore is the topic of lowering the drinking age in America from 21 to 18. This is another hot button issue throughout the country and also has quite a few credible sources for research. Most sources boil down to the fact that 18 year olds can vote and serve their country through war so why can’t they have a couple of beers. Alcohol is seen as a “forbidden fruit” to youngsters therefore this topic becomes heated because even though that might be true the higher drinking age has saved lives. I am really considering this topic for my paper because it pertains so much to me since I am right in the middle of it being nineteen years old.



3)      Washington D.C farmers market food safety issues.



This issue caught my eye because it bears striking similarities to the Jaime Oliver topic. This is a harder topic to create an exploratory essay on because it doesn’t have a lot of information to go off of. If I could expand it a little and compare this to the nationwide troubles with food safety I would enjoy this issue. Researching this topic was tough and steered me away from wanting to go further on the issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment